Why apply with The Salvation Army?
We attempt to help individuals find a way to get back on their feet permanently. Currently, The Salvation Army has over 3+ million volunteers and 60K+ employees and we value each one as an integral part of our team.
How Do the Family Thrift Stores & ARC Help the Community? ARC – Adult Rehabilitation Center. At any given time, the ARC has 130+ men and women program participants who are on the road to recovery from addictions as they participate in our 6+ month residential program, at no cost to them. Donations of goods from around the county are processed in our downtown facility, where our program participants live, work and begin their journey of spiritual and physical renewal.
The donated goods get resold in the 7 Family (Thrift) stores located throughout the county. These Family stores are the main source of funding for The Salvation Army San Diego Adult Rehabilitation Center. There are 150 such ARC’s throughout the United States.
Click the video image link to learn more about how The Salvation Army ARC & Family Stores serve our community.
- Be an integral part of an organization who gives hope, help and a second chance at life to those who need our help the most!
- A chance to make a huge difference helping to transform lives & reunite families.
- See lives change daily through hard work and adherence to a Christ centered 12 Step program
ALCOHOL & DRUG COUNSELING INTERNSHIPS
The Salvation Army has over 100 years of experience helping people change their body, mind, spirit and lives. Before recovery was a household word, the Salvation Army programs were reaching out to the alcoholic and addict offering help, support and rehabilitation. The ARC has evolved over the years into the largest and most successful rehabilitation program in the United States. We have a six-month residential program for men and women. We are a Christian based, 12 step social model program.
The ARC Intern program offers excellent training and our supervision program exceeds Intern standards. Our Interns do case management, teach classes, facilitate Re-entry, Counsel Individuals, process groups and 130 individual counseling appoints per week. We offer flexible hours five days a
week including evening counseling and teaching opportunities. Our Interns have a history of loving the ARC and often stay with us to continue getting hours for CADAC, CAADE, MFT, and MHC past their practicum hours. We are conveniently located 1 block from City College.
For Interview appointments, please contact:
TERESA WHITNEY, MHS, LAADC, CADC-II, CCS
Rehabilitation Manager The Salvation Army - San Diego ARC
619-239-4037 ext. 351
Our Volunteer Program is designed for:
- Anyone wanting to give back to the community (individual or group)
- Seasoned Citizens (55+) as part of our Greeter Brigade
- Those that need to fulfill community service hours for the Court or a Social Services Agency
- Those in Transition-to-Work programs
- Adults in a Day Program with a Life Coach
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete and Pass a Background Check
- Complete a Liability Release Form
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation
If you cannot pass or do not have time for a Background Check, please CLICK HERE and go to the bottom of the page for instructions.
If you are under 18, and still want to Volunteer with us, there may be opportunities at our Community Centers (CORPS), CLICK HERE
To volunteer for The Salvation Army as a Bell Ringer, Toy Distribution, Golden Hall Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinners, CLICK HERE